Subject: Re: Mounted Network Drives generate "Too many levels of symbolic links"
From: Takashi Yano via Cygwin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Beth Kirschner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 03:32:23 +0900
List-Id: General Cygwin discussions and problem reports <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Wed, 24 May 2023 17:41:24 +0000
Beth Kirschner wrote:
> I've attached the Get-SmbConnection & 'net use' output - does this provide any clues?

net-use.txt:
> New connections will not be remembered.
> 
> 
> Status       Local     Remote                    Network
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>              J:        \\urrea.local\NetScanner  Microsoft Windows Network
>              O:        \\urrea.local\operations  Microsoft Windows Network
>              Q:        \\urrea.local\arbor       Microsoft Windows Network
>              R:        \\urrea.local\PCR         Microsoft Windows Network
>              S:        \\urrea.local\Shared      Microsoft Windows Network
>              U:        \\urrea.local\DOPPS       Microsoft Windows Network
>              V:        \\urrea.local\Omics       Microsoft Windows Network
>              X:        \\urrea.local\Tx-DCC      Microsoft Windows Network
> The command completed successfully.

There is no 'OK' on Status column and empty output from Get-SmbConnection.
Is drive Q: really accessible?

Can you open drive Q: using explorer?
Doesn't 'dir Q:' in command prompt cause any error?

-- 
Takashi Yano <[email-masked]>

-- 
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:     https://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple