Subject: How does one discover a ghost path to non-exitent server
From: Harry Putnam <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 19:37:58 -0500
List-Id: General Cygwin discussions and problem reports <cygwin.cygwin.com>

I'm sorry my first post here is probably something that was thrashed
out here long ago.

I'm not finding the answers on goggle, even the hits that were from
this newsgroup.

I'm sure there has been plenty of pounding over time about not being
able to get a sshd server working on win 10

Running latest cygwin on win 10 I go thru the steps that begin with
  ssh-host-config -y 

I'm told at the end the server wasn't installed because there already
is one.

Neither "cygrunsrv -S" nor "net start"  know anything about it.

In an old post from this groups I found mention of there being a problem
where previous attempts to install sshd server may have left the path
but not the server.

Not really sure what the heck that might mean. Something like a cygwin
install of ssh and sshd server scouts around somewhere and finds a
path but no server and says OK, good to go.  You have the server.

It sounds kind of silly on the surface but I guess it is, in fact, a
real problem.

Cutting to the chase, can anyone tell me what can be done about such a
problem?  How can one find and erase a path that has no sshd at the
end.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding things a bit.

-- 
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:     https://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple