Subject: cygport build injecting /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/ paths
From: Brian Inglis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 10:50:41 -0700
List-Id: General Cygwin discussions and problem reports <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Got these errors trying to build latest ncurses on my system, so retried 
on scallywag and got same result, with no clue where that is coming from!
There are no files in the tarball, repo, or build dirs containing 7.4.0 
but it looks suspiciously like the package version 6.3.0 incremented!
Anyone ever seen these kinds of artifacts, or aware of any code doing 
this kind of incrementing?

$ fgrep 7.4.0 scallywag/*86*/6_Build\ packages.log
scallywag/i686/6_Build packages.log:2021-11-12T09:54:57.1027256Z 
libtool: link: g++ -shared -nostdlib 
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/crtbeginS.o  ../obj_lo/.libs/cursesf.o 
../obj_lo/.libs/cursesm.o ../obj_lo/.libs/cursesw.o 
../obj_lo/.libs/cursespad.o ../obj_lo/.libs/cursesp.o 
../obj_lo/.libs/cursslk.o ../obj_lo/.libs/cursesapp.o 
../obj_lo/.libs/cursesmain.o 
-L/cygdrive/d/a/scallywag/ncurses/ncurses-6.3-1.20211106.i686/build/lib/.libs 
-L../lib 
/cygdrive/d/a/scallywag/ncurses/ncurses-6.3-1.20211106.i686/build/lib/.libs/libformw.dll.a 
/cygdrive/d/a/scallywag/ncurses/ncurses-6.3-1.20211106.i686/build/lib/.libs/libmenuw.dll.a 
/cygdrive/d/a/scallywag/ncurses/ncurses-6.3-1.20211106.i686/build/lib/.libs/libpanelw.dll.a 
../lib/.libs/libformw.dll.a ../lib/.libs/libmenuw.dll.a 
../lib/.libs/libpanelw.dll.a 
/cygdrive/d/a/scallywag/ncurses/ncurses-6.3-1.20211106.i686/build/lib/.libs/libncursesw.dll.a 
../lib/.libs/libncursesw.dll.a -lutil 
-L/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/7.4.0 
-L/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/lib 
-L/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/../../.. -lstdc++ -lgcc_s -lgcc 
-lcygwin -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -luser32 -lkernel32 -lgcc_s -lgcc 
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/crtend.o  -ggdb -O2 
-fstack-protector-strong   -o .libs/cygncurses++w-10.dll 
-Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -Xlinker --out-implib -Xlinker 
.libs/libncurses++w.dll.a
scallywag/i686/6_Build packages.log:2021-11-12T09:54:57.1848593Z 
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/11/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot 
find /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/crtbeginS.o: No such file or 
directory
scallywag/i686/6_Build packages.log:2021-11-12T09:54:57.3516554Z 
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/11/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot 
find /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/crtend.o: No such file or directory
scallywag/x86_64/6_Build packages.log:2021-11-12T09:52:54.1343744Z 
libtool: link: g++ -shared -nostdlib 
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/crtbeginS.o 
../obj_lo/.libs/cursesf.o ../obj_lo/.libs/cursesm.o 
../obj_lo/.libs/cursesw.o ../obj_lo/.libs/cursespad.o 
../obj_lo/.libs/cursesp.o ../obj_lo/.libs/cursslk.o 
../obj_lo/.libs/cursesapp.o ../obj_lo/.libs/cursesmain.o 
-L/cygdrive/d/a/scallywag/ncurses/ncurses-6.3-1.20211106.x86_64/build/lib/.libs 
-L../lib 
/cygdrive/d/a/scallywag/ncurses/ncurses-6.3-1.20211106.x86_64/build/lib/.libs/libformw.dll.a 
/cygdrive/d/a/scallywag/ncurses/ncurses-6.3-1.20211106.x86_64/build/lib/.libs/libmenuw.dll.a 
/cygdrive/d/a/scallywag/ncurses/ncurses-6.3-1.20211106.x86_64/build/lib/.libs/libpanelw.dll.a 
../lib/.libs/libformw.dll.a ../lib/.libs/libmenuw.dll.a 
../lib/.libs/libpanelw.dll.a 
/cygdrive/d/a/scallywag/ncurses/ncurses-6.3-1.20211106.x86_64/build/lib/.libs/libncursesw.dll.a 
../lib/.libs/libncursesw.dll.a -lutil 
-L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0 
-L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-cygwin/lib/../lib 
-L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/../../../../lib -L/lib/../lib 
-L/usr/lib/../lib 
-L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-cygwin/lib 
-L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/../../.. -lstdc++ -lgcc_s -lgcc 
-lcygwin -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -luser32 -lkernel32 -lgcc_s -lgcc 
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/crtend.o  -ggdb -O2 
-fstack-protector-strong   -o .libs/cygncurses++w-10.dll 
-Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -Xlinker --out-implib -Xlinker 
.libs/libncurses++w.dll.a
scallywag/x86_64/6_Build packages.log:2021-11-12T09:52:54.2146113Z 
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/11/../../../../x86_64-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: 
cannot find /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/crtbeginS.o: No such 
file or directory
scallywag/x86_64/6_Build packages.log:2021-11-12T09:52:54.4873238Z 
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/11/../../../../x86_64-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: 
cannot find /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/crtend.o: No such file 
or directory

-- 
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains
too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised.
[Data in binary units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]

-- 
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:     https://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple