Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] doxygen 1.9.2-1 (TEST)
From: Brian Inglis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 00:17:08 -0600
List-Id: General Cygwin discussions and problem reports <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On 2021-09-15 11:55, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 8/22/2021 2:39 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
>> The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution 
>> as test releases:
>> * doxygen-1.9.2-1
>> * doxygen-doxywizard-1.9.2-1

> These have now been promoted from test to current.

Hi Ken,

Package doxygen is missing a runtime dependency requirement on epstopdf 
in texlive-collection-fontutils since 1.8.9 (2014-12-25)!

I found this out while dealing with bison and gnulib upstreams about 
bison test crashes due to gnulib updates, as those bison tests of 
doxygen documentation were the only tests still failing.

The runtime dependency requirement of doxygen on epstopdf (and others) 
is indirectly referred to in its Installation documentation of LaTeX, 
texlive, and document converters/generators as prerequisites, and 
mentioned in the doxygen ChangeLog, but not in other docs.

$ fgrep -R epstopdf /usr/share/doc/doxygen/
/usr/share/doc/doxygen/html/changelog.html:<li>Bug <a 
href="https://github.com/doxygen/doxygen/issues/5559">5559</a> - 
plantUML requires epstopdf for building PDF files [<a 
href="https://github.com/doxygen/doxygen/commit/52d216a87451c867c92

I have commented on the above issue, and requested the runtime 
dependency requirement be documented, considered during configuration, 
and checked during testing.

Feel free to add your input and/or correct mine.

-- 
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains
too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised.
[Data in binary units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]

-- 
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:     https://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple