Subject: Re: CYGWIN + windos10 + eclipse clp prolog
From: Brian Inglis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Manu goswami <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 01:38:29 -0600
List-Id: General Cygwin discussions and problem reports <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On 2021-07-28 02:03, Manu goswami via Cygwin wrote:
> I have previously build eclipse clp prolog several times in CYGWIN
> but suddenly it has started to show ‘SEGMENTATION FAULT’ even after
> fully reinstalling CYGWIN and removing (manually deleting) old
> Cygwin.  No error is reported at build time and .exe is successfully
> generated but on execution of .exe file after build shows ‘
> SEGMENTATION FAULT’. Kindly support in resolving most urgently.

If you want to see replies to your questions, subscribe to the mailing 
list, or view the replies on one of the many web based message archives 
of the mailing list, including that at cygwin.com.

Report upstream to wherever you got the sources for whatever "eclipse 
clp prolog" is - in whatever language(s) they use - web links to 
projects and sources are more informative than garbled buzzwords.

SIGSEGV is a symptom of a programming error - out of bounds access - 
caused by following the wrong pointer to an invalid location, using a 
NULL pointer, array or buffer index incorrect, use after free, incorrect 
object size or indirection, just to suggest some of the most frequent 
and common causes.

If you have made your own local and/or recent changes to the sources, 
they are invariably the likely cause of the issue, so recheck any recent 
local work very carefully.

The Cygwin project provides packages for execution and development but, 
as Cygwin is an all volunteer effort, with limited personnel each with 
limited time, so all projects built using those packages are the 
responsibility of those projects downstream of Cygwin, otherwise we 
would not have any time to maintain and expand the packages supported.

-- 
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains
too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised.
[Data in binary units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]

-- 
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:     https://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple

-- 
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:     https://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple