Subject: Re: Setup: gio-querymodules.exe - Entrypoint not found
From: Brian Inglis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 00:41:30 -0600
List-Id: General Cygwin discussions and problem reports <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On 2021-06-15 23:14, Klaas Dieckhoff via Cygwin wrote:
> While installing Cygwin on my Windows 10 machine I got the attached error
> message twice. Unfortunately it’s in german, but it translates to:
> procedure entrypoint "_idn2_punycode_decode" not found in DLL
> <path>/libgnutls-30.dll
> In my installation I’m for example not able to use git with ssl (i.e.
> commands like ‘git push origin master’). I already tried to reinstall
> libgnutls-30.dll which didn’t help.
> Any idea how to resolve this issue?

Your subject mentions setup and gio-querymodules; your body mentions 
idn2_punycode_decode, libgnutls30; plus git and git-push.

Please copy and paste the actual commands executed and error messages 
reported, including complete commands for each of the issues involved.
There are German speakers on the list who can clarify for those of us 
who may have issues decoding German tech language.

I would not expect punycode to be anything to do with libgnutls.

I would expect idn2_punycode_decode in cyg/libidn2, but it is not a 
public API symbol for either Cygwin or Windows mingw libraries.

The idn2_punycode_decode issue was a libgnutls/libidn2 compatibility 
problem a couple of years ago but should be fixed now:

	https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1683812

Cygwin wget and wget2 are built with libgnutls and libidn2 and have no 
build, test, or usage issues reported.

Have you perhaps an old release of Cygwin installed and have not applied 
any recent upgrades?

Do you perhaps have Git for Windows or some WSL distro installed and in 
your path? Try:

	$ which git; ls /usr/libexec/git-core/git-push
	/usr/bin/git
	/usr/libexec/git-core/git-push

-- 
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains
too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised.
[Data in binary units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]

-- 
Problem reports:      https://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                  https://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:        https://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:     https://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple