Subject: Re: prefork error : couldn't create pipe process trackerWin32 error 161
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Alain Coste <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 17:36:06 +0000
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

[I see the same problem posted on stackoverflow.  I'll never understand why
people don't just go to the place where they downloaded the software for help first]

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 02:48:03PM +0100, Alain Coste wrote:
>Running Windows XP, SP3
>Uninstalled a previous working Cygwin
>Installed Cygwin 1.7.17-1 with setup.exe (default installation). No error 
>reported.
>Every time I launch Cygwin Terminal I get the following message, 3 times :
>2 [main] -bash 3788 D:\Cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - prefork: 
>couldn't create pipe process trackerWin32 error 161

Error code 160 is "BAD PATHNAME".  That is not something that should be associated
with the creation of a pipe.  So, it looks like you may have BLODA:

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA

or even a virus.

If this isn't enough of a hint then please take some time with this page

http://cygwin.com/problems.html

cgf

[For the curious, this was found in sourceware's spam trap since the message
was sent as html.  I thought I'd streamline the process by replying directly
to the mailing list.]

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple