Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated Cygwin Package (experimental): python-2.7.3-1
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Python-Annouce <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 14:25:51 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

*** Attention Cygwin Python module package maintainers ***
*** Cygwin is migrating from Python 2.6 to 2.7...      ***

New News:
=== ====
I have released Cygwin Python 2.7.3-1 as experimental.  The tarballs
should be available on a Cygwin mirror near you shortly.

The main purpose of this release is to begin the transition to make
Python 2.7 the official Cygwin version.  If you are one of the Cygwin
Python module package maintainers, then please take this opportunity to
build, test, and change (if necessary) your package to support Python
2.7.

Note the following:

1. 2.7.3-1 is experimental and 2.6.8-2 remains current.  I will update
Cygwin to make 2.7.3-1 (or later) current on or about February 1, 2013.

2. You need to select the "Exp" radio button when running Cygwin's
setup.exe to install 2.7.3-1.

3. If you install 2.7.3-1, then 2.6 modules will no longer work.

Old News:
=== ====
Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming
language.  If interested, see the Python web site for more details:
                                                                   
    http://www.python.org/                                         

Please read the README file:
                            
    /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/python.README

since it covers requirements, installation, known issues, etc.

Standard News:
======== ====
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list.

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, please
use the automated form at:

http://cygwin.com/lists.html#subscribe-unsubscribe

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

http://sourceware.org/lists.html#unsubscribe-simple

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

Jason

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple