Subject: xterm problem with Delete key
From: Keith Thompson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Keith Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 19:38:16 -0700
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

I'm using Cygwin on Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell laptop. I use
Cygwin's xterm version 281-1. "xrdb -q" shows, among other things,
"XTerm*deleteIsDEL: True".

The problem: The "Delete" key on my keyboard sends the sequence

    Escape [ 3 ~

rather than the DEL character.  (When I run a bash shell in xterm,
and type Control-V DEL, it prints "^[[3~".)

In the Main Options menu (control left mouse click), the "Delete is
DEL" option is checked.  Toggling it has no effect.

It originally worked correctly, but started misbehaving like this a
while ago (a few weeks maybe?).  It's likely that I upgraded my xterm
using setup.exe around the time it started misbehaving, but I didn't
keep close enough track.

I don't have this problem with rxvt.

On the other hand, when I run the xterm command on my Ubuntu 12.04
system on the same display, using X forwarding over ssh, it behaves
correctly; Control-V DEL prints "^?".  The Ubuntu system has xterm
version 271-1ubuntu2.

--
Keith Thompson <[email-masked]>

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple