Subject: Re: perl-5.14.2 switch
From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <[email-masked]>
To: Reini Urban <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 15:56:02 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Reini Urban wrote:
> I'll be switching perl from 5.10 to 5.14 in the next days.

Your rebase pure_install changes in EU::MM_Cygwin do not take DESTDIR
into account, breaking cygport.  Line 195 of said module needs to be
changed to (as one long line):

$s =~ s|^(pure_install ::
pure_\$\(INSTALLDIRS\)_install\n\t)\$\(NOECHO\)
\$\(NOOP\)\n|$1\$(CHMOD) \$(PERM_RWX) \$(DESTDIR)$dll\n\ttest -n
"\$(DESTDIR)\" \|\| /bin/rebase -s $dll\n|m;

I have fixed my local copy in the meantime and am continuing to work
on the upgrade, but this is a blocker for 5.14.

Yaakov

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple