Subject: Re: svn --version
From: Denis Excoffier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: marco atzeri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 15:05:11 +0200
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 02:31:18PM +0200, marco atzeri wrote:
>> On 5/25/2012 2:17 PM, Denis Excoffier wrote:
>> >
>> >My experience showed that my personal fork errors were never solved by
>> >autorebasing. In my case, autorebasing brought difficulties with xz
>> >that i don't understand and difficulties with my ~100
>> >home-built DLLs (ie i would have to rebase them also, but "manually").
>> 
>> find /usr/local -name "*.dll" > your_dll_list
>> rebaseall  -T your_dll_list

Indeed, easy in theory. But there will be exceptional DLL's that i
will not want to rebase, and the command line will contain more
characters and i'll have to find a place where to store it. Good
news is that i suppose it will run with Cygwin running (since the DLLs
from /usr/bin would have already been rebased) and i will be able to
use this script like any other.

But i will also need to trigger this script as soon as one of my DLL's
is modified etc. Finally i will have to build several scripts around
it, that would be for Cygwin consumption only (i have to use other
installations, like Solaris and MacOSX, that don't have this DLL
problem).

Again, easy in theory, but, in my situation i repeat, not worth the
noise, and 'xz -9e' will still be broken (so i'll have to build my
own xz with -Bstatic etc.).

Denis Excoffier.

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple