Subject: Re: Can't run perldoc
From: Reini Urban <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Andrew DeFaria <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:26:50 +0200
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

2011/3/22 Andrew DeFaria:
> Why is it when I do something like:
>
> $ perldoc perlre
>
> I get a bunch of:
>
>     14 [main] sh 72132 C:\Cygwin\bin\sh.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't
> allocate heap, Win32 error 487, base 0x710000, top 0x780000, reserve_size 454656,
> alloc size 458752, page_const 4096
> Stack trace:
> Frame     Function  Args
> 0022E4C0  6102792B  (0022E4C0, 00000000, 00000000, 00670079)
> 0022E7B0  6102792B  (6117DC60, 00008000, 00000000, 6117F977)
> 0022F7E0  61004F3B  (611B564C, 00710000, 00780000, 0006F000)
> 0022F810  6106E283  (7FFEFFFF, 00000003, 00264F02, 7C90DA0A)
> 0022F900  610C0A3B  (000007D0, 02000000, 61169724, 61169720)
> 0022F930  610064E0  (00000000, 00000002, 00000000, 7FFD8000)
> 0022F9F0  6106F5D5  (61000000, 00000001, 0022FD30, 6106F320)
> 0022FA10  7C90118A  (6106F320, 61000000, 00000001, 0022FD30)
> 0022FB18  7C91B5D2  (0022FD30, 7FFDF000, 7FFD8000, 00000000)
> 0022FC94  7C91FBDC  (0022FD30, 7C900000, 0022FCE0, 7C90E900)
> 0022FD1C  7C91FAD7  (0022FD30, 7C900000, 00000000, 00010017)
> End of stack trace
>     13 [main] sh 25952 fork: child -1 - died waiting for longjmp before
> initial
> ization, retry 0, exit code 0x100, errno 11
> sh: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable

Looks like ASLR to me.

Windows 7?
If so run perlrebase to set peflags -d0 on all perl dll's.
-- 
Reini Urban

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple