Subject: Re: Root Privileges related
From: world peace <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:22:47 -0400
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your interest in my question first of all.

When i try to do make or make install, the installer tries to write
files to a location where I do not have permission and so it reports
error and exits.

When i check for permissions using ls -l, all the files and folders
have nothing but blanks.

----------+ 1 Lab None 1057390384 Feb 15 20:58 test1.txt
----------+ 1 Lab None  300573141 Feb 15 21:58 test2.txt
----------+ 1 Lab None  645853504 Feb 15 22:09 test3.txt
d---------+ 1 Lab None          0 Mar 23 14:21 ../
d---------+ 1 Lab None          0 Mar 28 15:44 ./

In this example, "Lab" is my windows username. Please see if it helps
at all to understand this situation and any possible solution for me.

Also thanks to Greg Chicares for responding, unfortunately I don't
know enough about cygwin to know what he is hinting towards.

Good Wishes,
Paul

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple