Subject: Re: How to reinvent /usr/bin/find in cygwin/gnu/gnat Ada?
From: Csaba Raduly <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 00:31:13 +0100
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hi Sigfried!

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 10:09 PM,   wrote:

> I want to recursively crawl a directory tree on windows using
> cygwin/gnu/ada. I'm not sure if I should use the unix function opendir
> (and friends) or the windows functions FindFirstFile and FindNextFile.
> Maybe the opendir would be preferable since it would be portable.

It's not a question of portability. Cygwin goes to great lengths to
create a Unix/Linux compatible environment. If you want to use the
_Cygwin_ version of Ada, then you really should use opendir/readdir.

> Can someone point me to some examples of cygwin/ada programs calling a
> standard function like opendir?

This is not really a Cygwin question, but maybe this will help:
https://www2.adacore.com/gap-static/GNAT_Book/html/rts/g-dirope__adb.htm

Csaba
-- 
GCS a+ e++ d- C++ ULS$ L+$ !E- W++ P+++$ w++$ tv+ b++ DI D++ 5++
The Tao of math: The numbers you can count are not the real numbers.
Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts.
"Ok, it boots. Which means it must be bug-free and perfect. " -- Linus Torvalds
"People disagree with me. I just ignore them." -- Linus Torvalds

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple