Subject: Re: R: Cygwin 1.7.7 fork/exec performance MUCH slower than 1.5.25
From: SZABÓ Gergely <[email-masked]>
To: Marco Atzeri <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 08:07:21 +0200
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Ciao Marco,

I do not think a real /home would help, as I have several colleagues who
have a real /home, but still have similar slow performance with cygwin
1.7.x. 

What kind of ACL issue could this be? And why is it no problem for
Cygwin 1.5.25? Anything to do with the new cyglsa.dll?

The funny thing is, The sum of the sys and user times for the "fork"
script is around 1 minute. What happens in the remaining 3 minutes, to
make up that terrible time over 4 min?

If I am watching the Windows Task Manager during the execution of the
"fork" script, I see that the process "System" eats more than 50% of the
CPU all the time. 

Best regards
Gergely

P.S: this is all Win32 (not x64) as you can see from the cygcheck
files...

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple