Subject: How to Start Multiple Windows Apps Using Cygwin
From: "Yu, Lei" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:27:32 +0800
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hi there,
    I want to create a windows batch file, which can
1. initialize and start multiple Windows -- such as my gtalk and my MSN
2. keep the applications running
3. let the batch file itself exit without any trace.
    That is a bit difficult to achieve via normal windows batch file,
since batch does not provide a background running mode, so the whole
process will be blocked at the first application starts, and all the
subsequent application will not get called before the first exits.
    And then I turned to Cygwin.  Seems it could achieve task 1 and
task 2.  However, it could not achieve task 3, which means that the
cygwin window will be kept open, until both (all) of the applications
get closed.  So I wonder whether there is any possibility, to achieve
all the 3 tasks I want?  And if yes, how?

    Below is the batch file I've written, any comments are welcome.

Lei
-------------------------
rem @echo off
C:
chdir C:\cygwin\bin
bash --login -c "/c/Program\ Files/Google/Google\ Talk/googletalk.exe
/startmenu &"
bash --login -c "/c/Program\ Files/Windows\ Live/Messenger/msnmsgr.exe &"
rem exit
pause

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple