Subject: Re: Running a Matlab script remotely via ssh
From: Geraldo Veiga <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 02:02:19 -0300
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Thanks for the follow-ups.  It turns out that I tried the same
experiment on another Vista installation (32bit this time around) and
it run Matab scripts via ssh without a hitch. Officially the
command-line should look like this:

matlab -nodesktop -r test_batch

In practice the option "-nodesktop"  was not necessary.  Now, I am
still not sure what the problem with the other system might be.  Maybe
 Vista 64bit is complaining about something else, maybe some firewall
issue, maybe a service configuration.  I will only have physical
access to this system on Monday for further testing.

Of course, the real lesson here is that you shouldn't attempt this
stuff on Windows, especially not on Vista.

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Matthew B. Smith
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure you cannot use a window.  I think matlab has another cmd
> line argument such as -batch to run w/out windows?
>
> mbs
>
> On Sat, 2010-04-17 at 15:04 -0300, Geraldo Veiga wrote:
>> I have Cygwin installed in a Vista/64 system with sshd enabled.  I
>> would like to login remotely via ssh and run a script written in
>> Matlab.
>> Directly from the DOS command line this is possible:
>>
>> matlab -nosplash -nodesktop -minimize -r test_batch -logfile logfile
>>
>> No such luck when I try the same with a remote session.  The thing
>> just hangs there until I interrupt it with CTRL-C.
>>
>> Is there any way around this?  Matlab is a Windows application and
>> always opens a window when executed.  That "-minimize" in the
>> command-line  just hides the obvious.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple