Subject: Re: 1.7.3: Backspace key not working in GNU screen.
From: Andy Koppe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 10:31:36 +0100
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Al G.:
> using GNU screen (4.00.03) and trying to backspace by
> hitting the backspace key results in nothing happening. The cursor
> doesn't move, the character isn't erased and the command remains the
> same (if you hit Enter whatever your typo was gets the usual error).

Uh oh, this is most likely due to the change for allowing the
backspace keycode to be set using 'stty erase' (which I'd suggested).
I can reproduce the problem from 1.7.2 onwards. The backspace key is
sending ^@ (i.e. 0x00), same as previously happened with CYGWIN=tty in
1.7.1 snapshots. So it looks like the termios structure that the
keyboard handling reads isn't getting initialised in this case.

Workarounds: Add 'set CYGWIN=tty' to Cygwin.bat (or wherever you're
starting your session from), or use one of the other terminals.

Andy

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple