Subject: Re: How to uninstall Cygwin/X (only)
From: "Gary ." <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:21:53 +0200
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 7:31 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 04:07:32AM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>>  I am writing a patch to add a right-click context menu to the spinner :)
>>more news in the next couple of days.
>
> As long as you're doing that, how about just getting rid of the spinner
> entirely?  IMO, it's an unusual construct.  It would probably be better
> to have a pull-down box or something.

I confess, I never knew it was anything other than
decoration/informational...

I think that moving the installation/deinstallation action entirely to
the Bin (and Src) column would remove this strange thing of having to
move through installation states and versions.

Inside the tree (or list, or whatever), my opinion is it could use the
existing Bin column to show and allow selection of the install status,
the "New" column should just be informational indicating with a checkbox
that setup wants to install something newly / upgrade an existing
package, and a new column with "spinner" or dropdown allowing
display/selection of "Version".

I keep meaning to look at setup to try and work out changes I'd like to
try, but there always seems to be something "better" to do :(

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple