Subject: 1.7.3: Backspace key not working in GNU screen.
From: "Al G." <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 16:07:36 -0400
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

This started happening around March 23, no problems with screen before
then. Since then using GNU screen (4.00.03) and trying to backspace by
hitting the backspace key results in nothing happening. The cursor
doesn't move, the character isn't erased and the command remains the
same (if you hit Enter whatever your typo was gets the usual error).
However, pressing CTRL-H does do a backspace correctly. Could this be
related to the termcap changes from [^H] to [^?]? I have searched the
forums and googled around;  found a few hits, that didn't work, and no
solutions.

-Al

att: cygcheck output

--
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but illusion of knowledge.
- Stephen Hawking
--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple