Subject: Re: "GCC is not found" and "compiler cannot create executables" errors
From: david sastre <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 17:25:17 +0200
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

I think it is pretty normal stuff:

$ gcc -v -save-temps hola.mundo.c
Usando especificaciones internas.
Objetivo: i686-pc-cygwin
Configurado con:
/gnu/gcc/releases/packaging/4.3.4-3/gcc4-4.3.4-3/src/gcc-4.3.4/configure
--srcdir=/gnu/gcc/releases/packaging/4.3.4-3/gcc4-4.3.4-3/src/gcc-4.3.4
--prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin
--libexecdir=/usr/lib --datadir=/usr/share --localstatedir=/var
--sysconfdir=/etc --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man
--datadir=/usr/share --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man
-v --with-gmp=/usr --with-mpfr=/usr --enable-bootstrap
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --with-slibdir=/usr/bin
--libexecdir=/usr/lib --enable-static --enable-shared
--enable-shared-libgcc --disable-__cxa_atexit --with-gnu-ld
--with-gnu-as --with-dwarf2 --disable-sjlj-exceptions
--enable-languages=ada,c,c++,fortran,java,objc,obj-c++
--disable-symvers --enable-libjava --program-suffix=-4
--enable-libgomp --enable-libssp --enable-libada
--enable-threads=posix --with-arch=i686 --with-tune=generic
--enable-libgcj-sublibs CC=gcc-4 CXX=g++-4 CC_FOR_TARGET=gcc-4
CXX_FOR_TARGET=g++-4 GNATMAKE_FOR_TARGET=gnatmake
GNATBIND_FOR_TARGET=gnatbind AS=/opt/gcc-tools/bin/as.exe
AS_FOR_TARGET=/opt/gcc-tools/bin/as.exe LD=/opt/gcc-tools/bin/ld.exe
LD_FOR_TARGET=/opt/gcc-tools/bin/ld.exe
--with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/ecj.jar
Modelo de hilos: posix
gcc versión 4.3.4 20090804 (release) 1 (GCC)
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-v' '-save-temps' '-mtune=generic' '-march=i686'
 /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.4/cc1.exe -E -quiet -v -D__CYGWIN32__
-D__CYGWIN__ -Dunix -D__unix__ -D__unix -idirafter
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.4/../../../../include/w32api
-idirafter /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/lib/../../include/w32api
hola.mundo.c -mtune=generic -march=i686 -fpch-preprocess -o
hola.mundo.i

$ ll hola.mundo.*
-rw-r----- 1 Administrador Administradores 62 abr  8 16:31 hola.mundo.c

Regards.

2010/4/8, Csaba Raduly <[email-masked]>:
> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 4:36 PM, david sastre wrote:
>>
>> Both scripts give back:
>>
>> $ make hola.mundo
>> cc -march=prescott -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer    hola.mundo.c   -o
>> hola.mundo
>> make: *** [hola.mundo] Error 1
>>
>> Also, direct gcc invocation exits silenlty:
>> $ gcc hola.mundo.c
>>
>
> According to the first message (and also config.log), gcc -v is able
> to run successfully. That would suggest that it's not a missing DLL,
> at least for gcc-4.exe
> What is the output of:
>
> $ gcc -v -save-temps hola.mundo.c
> $ ls -l hola.mundo.*
>
> --
> Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts
>
> --
> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
>
>

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple