Subject: Re: cygintl-8.dll was not found
From: wefwef wefwef <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 12:22:26 +0300
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

This is what I did:
renamed my current cygwin install directory to fool setup.exe into
thinking it was a new installation
ran setup, selected download without installing, from ftp.fit.vutbr.cz
I left everything on default, and selected additionally vim, openssh,
7z, ping and rsync, by changing to the full view, and searching for
the packages
The download came to 86.4 MB (90,671,910 bytes)

I then zipped up the download, and copied it over to the computer I
wanted to install it on.
unzipped, ran setup on the remote pc, changed from default to install
in the top left to install everything, and then installed.
It all looked fine, when I clicked on the cygwin icon on the desktop,
I got the libintl8 error.

After the missing libintl8 error, I went through exactly the same
process again, and this time it downloaded only 26.6 MB (27,915,820
bytes). When I copied that over to the remote pc and tried to install,
the installer program displays the 'message no packages found' in the
top left.

The cygwin installer appears to have some serious bugs - I can't get
it installed, after several days of trying!

Regards
Chris

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple