Subject: slow file open
From: Erdem Guven <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:51:24 +0300
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hello,

My application uses fopen to open a lot of files. While in linux
opening and reading thousand of files doesn't even take a second; in
cygwin it takes more than 5 seconds.

I think it is because path conversion functions in cygwin dlls. 'open'
function is a bit faster. If I use -mno-cygwin it becomes very fast
but I can't use it.

Is there an easy way to make cygwin dlls just open files; without any
linux-windows conversion?

Erdem

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple