Subject: Re: cron & Windows 7
From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <[email-masked]>
To: "Shaddy Baddah" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:25:56 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Shaddy Baddah"
To: "Pierre A. Humblet"
Cc: cygwin
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 23:36

| Hi,
|
| On 11/02/2010 3:28 AM, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
| > I got reports that cron is having problems with Cygwin 1.7.1 on
| > Windows 7 - 32 bits.
| > They occur only with seteuid method 1, not with method 2 nor method 3.
|
| Based purely on the above (and not the rest of the report... sorry) I
| suspect it might be due to a problem that has just been fixed in CVS
| (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2010-02/msg00037.html). If you
| have time to kill before someone of authority intervenes, you may want
| to try a snapshot (http://cygwin.com/snapshots/) and see if it helps.
|

Thanks Shaddy, I will point this to the user.
However according to the mails on the developers' list I don't see why the
changes would apply to Method 1.

Pierre

No, that's not quite correct.  If you call LogonUser (or the cyglsa sort
of password-less authentication) successfully, the system returns the
non-elevated token as well as the elevated token as a so-called linked
token.  In case of pubkey authentication, Cygwin refers to the elevated
token and uses that to switch the user context.  In case of password
authentication it does not do that so far.

In CVS it does now.

That's fantastic. Works great (I mean in terms of elevation of privelege). I suspect this is 
going to please, or at least be noticed by a lot of users."

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple