Subject: Issue with cygwin 1.7 install
From: Michael Kwong <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:15:06 -0800
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

I wonder if anyone else has seen this issue, but after installing 1.7
from setup.exe, starting up cygwin causes it to complain about not
being able to find /usr/bin/sed, and the shell also doesn't seem to be
fully functional either (delete key doesn't work, less is not working
properly ... etc).

Looking at setup.log.full, I see a bunch of error messages
------------------------
2009/12/24 10:09:02 running: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile
/etc/postinstall/gtk2.0.sh
g_module_open() failed for /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/io-wmf.dll:
No such file or directory
/usr/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0.exe: error while loading shared
libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
2009/12/24 10:09:04 abnormal exit: exit code=127
......
2009/12/24 10:09:36 running: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile
/etc/postinstall/gsl.sh
/bin/sh: gzip: command not found
......
/usr/share/csih/cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh: line 658: sed:
command not found
/usr/share/csih/cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh: line 659: sed:
command not found
/usr/share/csih/cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh: line 660: sed:
command not found
*** Warning: Could not find or execute required program sed.
*** Warning: Please install sed
......
2009/12/24 10:12:07 running: C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile
/etc/postinstall/xinit.sh
/usr/bin/mkshortcut.exe: error while loading shared libraries:
cygpopt-0.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
2009/12/24 10:12:07 abnormal exit: exit code=127
------------------------
Has anyone else seen this?

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple