Subject: Re: MC/ncurses on cygwin: Borders turn into chinese characters and layout screws up
From: "Yury V. Zaytsev" <[email-masked]>
To: Adrian May <[email-masked]>
Cc: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 19:28:07 +0100
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 17:59 +0800, Adrian May wrote:

> 6. I did actually give you all the information you need and I don't
> care why your mail server spat it back. Which version of cygwin? 

If you want US to look into this, you need at least to supply the
versions of libraries mc is linked against (whether it uses slang /
ncurses and which version of it) and test whether this is reproducible
on latest master, linked against these libraries and the latest master
linked against the latest versions of these libraries.

Then, if it's indeed a problem with mc, we'll have to have someone to
install cygwin or get an access to a machine with such a setup and have
a look into this.

So far I can't think of anyone using Windows for starters...

Concerning all the rest, you've got it the wrong way all along.
Developers are mostly interested in the software that works for them and
their employers / customers, which MIGHT (or might not) have a nice side
effect of it working for you as well.

If it's not the case, then nobody cares about you unless you contribute
your time (I mean reporting the bug as a rude accusation is not enough)
or money to fix the issue ([*], see problem #7). 

We are doing a great favor to even listen to you, not the other way
around. If you fail to understand this, please keep posting to the curl
& cygwin list, as apparently they appreciate it, but exclude mc-devel
from your further mailings.

Thanks for your time.

[*] http://vtbsd.net/notwindows.html
 
-- 
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple