Subject: Re: Segfault under cygwin 1.7.62
From: Aidan Kehoe <[email-masked]>
To: Andy Koppe <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], XEmacs developers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 18:22:44 +0100
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Ar an naoiú lá de mí Deireadh Fómhair, scríobh Andy Koppe: 

 > What change exactly? What's the original filename here, 

ĐĐĐĐ

 > and how does it change unexpectedly in terms of POSIX/Cygwin operations? 
 > And, importantly, what's the locale setting?

We’re testing our handling of the file name encoding; we want to make sure
we can create a file with this name when we force the file name encoding to
ISO-8859-2. 

We probably shouldn’t be converting to Unicode at all for file name encoding
on Cygwin, we should use file-name-coding-system as determined by the locale
like on every other Unix. But our Cygwin build is schizophrenic about
whether it’s a Win32 app or a Unix app. 

-- 
¿Dónde estará ahora mi sobrino Yoghurtu Nghe, que tuvo que huir
precipitadamente de la aldea por culpa de la escasez de rinocerontes?

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple