Subject: Re: RE: Re: Cygwin portable bash
From: Andy Holt <[email-masked]>
To: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 21:51:36 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Well, I'm not so sure that that is really a problem... I looked for 
fstab but couldn't even find one so I'm not sure where the mount table 
is specified. BUT I don't think that has anything to do with my current 
problem. I need to 'log in' to bash first. then I'll worry about the 
cygdrive mount points later. As far as the bin, lib, and root directory 
/ 'mount points' or whatever, the directory structure is the same across 
all of the windows computers (all running vista). So the bin is always 
C:\Users\Andy\My Dropbox\cygwin\bin, ..\lib ..\ etc. You get the point. 
So yea.

No progress thus far. :(

Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:
> I'm not aware that this has been mentioned before in this thread, but I'd worry that there is no mount table.  (I assume that this is cygwin 1.5.)  See the documentation on mount (hint: the -m option might be especially useful) or just run setup, clicking through it, on the derivative machines.
>
> Good luck.
>
> - Barry
>   Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.
>
>   

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple