Subject: Re: Cygwin Build Error
From: Jacob Jacobson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:13:02 -0500
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 01:10:42PM -0500, Jacob Jacobson wrote:
>> Eric Blake wrote:
>>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>>> Hash: SHA1
>>>
>>> According to Jacob Jacobson on 7/8/2009 12:36 PM:
>>>> While building cygwin, I get this error:
>>>>
>>>> ../../../../src/winsup/cygwin/lib/_cygwin_crt0_common.cc:38: warning:
>>>> weak declaration of 'void operator delete [](void*, const
>>>> std::nothrow_t&)' not supported
>>> Known issue.  Use gcc-4, not gcc.
>>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2009-q3/msg00020.html
>>>
>>> - --
>> Thanks. I created symbolic links to gcc-4 & have gotten further. Now
>> I get error below. Do I need to install "i686-pc-mingw32" ?
> 
> Just remove the mingw directory.
> 
> cgf
> 

I now have error below. If I remove utils/mingw, the error is "cannot
find ..utils/mingw". If I put it back, I get error below. Please help.
If this error can be made to go away by installing something new, I'd
rather do that than have to modify the src directory.

Thanks.

make[4]: `libuser32.a' is up to date.
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/utils/mingw g++ 
-L/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup 
-L/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin 
-L/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/include -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/cygwin/include -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/w32api/include 
-B/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/ -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/targ-include -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/newlib/libc/include 
-I/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup -c -o ./cygcheck.o -g -O2 
-fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -DHAVE_DECL_GETOPT=0 -mno-cygwin 
-I/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/mingw/include 
-I/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/w32api/include 
../../../../src/winsup/utils/cygcheck.cc
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/utils/mingw: couldn't find i686-pc-mingw32 
directory
make[3]: *** [cygcheck.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory 
`/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/utils'
make[2]: *** [utils] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup'

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple