Subject: Re: Cygwin Build Error
From: Jacob Jacobson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 13:10:42 -0500
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Eric Blake wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> According to Jacob Jacobson on 7/8/2009 12:36 PM:
>> While building cygwin, I get this error:
>>
>> ../../../../src/winsup/cygwin/lib/_cygwin_crt0_common.cc:38: warning:
>> weak declaration of 'void operator delete [](void*, const
>> std::nothrow_t&)' not supported
> 
> Known issue.  Use gcc-4, not gcc.
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2009-q3/msg00020.html
> 
> - --
Thanks. I created symbolic links to gcc-4 & have gotten further. Now
I get error below. Do I need to install "i686-pc-mingw32" ?

g++ -L/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup 
-L/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin 
-L/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/include -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/cygwin/include -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/w32api/include 
-B/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/ -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/targ-include -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/newlib/libc/include    -c -nostdinc++    -g -O2 
-fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -DHAVE_DECL_GETOPT=0 
-I/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/bfd -I/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/include -Wall 
-Wstrict-aliasing -Wwrite-strings -fno-common -pipe -fbuiltin 
-fmessage-length=0  -I.  -I/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/cygwin 
-I/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/w32api/include 
-I/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.2/include -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -o 
./parse_pe.o ../../../../src/winsup/utils/parse_pe.cc
g++ -L/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup 
-L/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin 
-L/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/include -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/cygwin/include -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/w32api/include 
-B/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/ -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/targ-include -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/newlib/libc/include    -o dumper.exe dumper.o 
module_info.o parse_pe.o 
-B/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin/ -static-libgcc 
-Wl,--enable-auto-import 
-B/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/libc 
-B/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib  -lnetapi32 
-ladvapi32 /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.2/../../../libbfd.a 
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.2/../../../libintl.a 
-L/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/libiberty -liconv -liberty -lz
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/utils/mingw g++ 
-L/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup 
-L/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin 
-L/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/include -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/cygwin/include -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/w32api/include 
-B/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/ -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/targ-include -isystem 
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/newlib/libc/include 
-I/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup -c -o ./cygcheck.o -g -O2 
-fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -DHAVE_DECL_GETOPT=0 -mno-cygwin 
-I/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/mingw/include 
-I/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/w32api/include 
../../../../src/winsup/utils/cygcheck.cc
/c/home/wrk/cygwin/src/winsup/utils/mingw: couldn't find i686-pc-mingw32 
directory
make[3]: *** [cygcheck.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory 
`/c/home/wrk/cygwin/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/utils'
make[2]: *** [utils] Error 1

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple