Subject: Re: undefined reference
From: Winderson Martins de Souza <[email-masked]>
To: Sisyphus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 08:54:00 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hi Rob, thanks for your reply..
Sorry, but I didn't understand what you said by strike, bu when I trie
the normal configure, I get the following output:

69: undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-scheme.c:36
4: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-scheme.c:33
02: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-scheme.c:36
4: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-scheme.c:32
62: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
.libs/format-scheme.o: In function `parse_upto':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/../gnulib-lib/xall
oc.h:94: undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
.libs/format-scheme.o: In function `parse_upto':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-scheme.c:29
72: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
.libs/format-scheme.o: In function `parse_upto':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/../gnulib-lib/xall
oc.h:93: undefined reference to `_xalloc_die'
.libs/format-scheme.o: In function `parse_upto':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-scheme.c:36
4: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-scheme.c:21
35: undefined reference to `_gcd'
.libs/format-scheme.o: In function `parse_upto':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/../gnulib-lib/xall
oc.h:94: undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
.libs/format-scheme.o: In function `format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-scheme.c:33
62: undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-scheme.c:33
54: undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
.libs/format-java.o: In function `message_format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:190:
 undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:328:
 undefined reference to `_freea'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:198:
 undefined reference to `_xmmalloca'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:345:
 undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:333:
 undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:284:
 undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:253:
 undefined reference to `_freea'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:253:
 undefined reference to `_freea'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:204:
 undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:250:
 undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:253:
 undefined reference to `_freea'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:322:
 undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
.libs/format-java.o: In function `choice_format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:601:
 undefined reference to `_freea'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:588:
 undefined reference to `_xmmalloca'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:571:
 undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:582:
 undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
.libs/format-java.o: In function `format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:689:
 undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-java.c:667:
 undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
.libs/format-csharp.o: In function `format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-csharp.c:17
0: undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-csharp.c:15
9: undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-csharp.c:15
9: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-csharp.c:13
8: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-csharp.c:12
9: undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-csharp.c:13
8: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
.libs/format-awk.o: In function `format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-awk.c:453:
undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-awk.c:346:
undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-awk.c:346:
undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-awk.c:369:
undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-awk.c:390:
undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-awk.c:340:
undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-awk.c:219:
undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-awk.c:431:
undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-awk.c:198:
undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-awk.c:304:
undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-awk.c:382:
undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-awk.c:258:
undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-awk.c:136:
undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-awk.c:283:
undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
.libs/format-pascal.o: In function `format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-pascal.c:34
2: undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-pascal.c:25
4: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-pascal.c:26
3: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-pascal.c:25
4: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-pascal.c:24
8: undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-pascal.c:32
0: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-pascal.c:18
8: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-pascal.c:21
5: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
.libs/format-ycp.o: In function `format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-ycp.c:100:
undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-ycp.c:89:
u
ndefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-ycp.c:83:
u
ndefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-ycp.c:89:
u
ndefined reference to `_xasprintf'
.libs/format-tcl.o: In function `format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-tcl.c:334:
undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-tcl.c:264:
undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-tcl.c:273:
undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-tcl.c:312:
undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-tcl.c:264:
undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-tcl.c:258:
undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-tcl.c:192:
undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-tcl.c:217:
undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-tcl.c:148:
undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
.libs/format-perl.o: In function `format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-perl.c:525:
 undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-perl.c:454:
 undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-perl.c:258:
 undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-perl.c:466:
 undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-perl.c:297:
 undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-perl.c:454:
 undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-perl.c:503:
 undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-perl.c:448:
 undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-perl.c:342:
 undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-perl.c:209:
 undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-perl.c:432:
 undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-perl.c:242:
 undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
.libs/format-perl-brace.o: In function `format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-perl-brace.
c:97: undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-perl-brace.
c:139: undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-perl-brace.
c:106: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
.libs/format-php.o: In function `format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-php.c:291:
undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-php.c:163:
undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-php.c:223:
undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-php.c:269:
undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-php.c:232:
undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-php.c:223:
undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-php.c:217:
undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-php.c:143:
undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
.libs/format-gcc-internal.o: In function `format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:567: undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:253: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:545: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:483: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:460: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:504: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:356: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:332: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:326: undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:320: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:404: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:496: undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:460: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:213: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:448: undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-gcc-interna
l.c:377: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
.libs/format-qt.o: In function `format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-qt.c:118:
u
ndefined reference to `_xmalloc'
.libs/format-kde.o: In function `format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-kde.c:166:
undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-kde.c:107:
undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-kde.c:157:
undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
.libs/format-boost.o: In function `format_parse':
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:561
: undefined reference to `_xmalloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:476
: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:269
: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:497
: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:431
: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:335
: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:539
: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:431
: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:425
: undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:358
: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:443
: undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:448
: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:489
: undefined reference to `_xstrdup'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:308
: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:246
: undefined reference to `_xrealloc'
/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/src/format-boost.c:219
: undefined reference to `_xasprintf'
Creating library file: .libs/libgettextsrc.dll.a
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [libgettextsrc.la] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-
tools/src'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-
tools/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-
tools'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/Winmat/cygwin-ports/ports/branches/cygwin-1.5/devel/gettext/gettext-0.17/gettext-
tools'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

2009/6/26 Sisyphus <[email-masked]>:
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Winderson Martins de Souza"
> <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 11:32 PM
> Subject: Fwd: undefined reference
>
>
>> Hello, I'm trying to compile gettext on cygwin, but I'm
>> getting an undefined reference error, could anyone help?? I'm running
>> configure without shared library, as with it I was getting another
>> undefined error
>
> [snip]
>
>> msgcat-c++msgcat.o:c++msgcat.cc:(.text+0x701): undefined reference to
>> `__imp__color_test_mode'
>
> The '__imp' prefix signifies a shared library - so, if (as I suspect) this
> symbol is supposed to be resolved by the gettext library, then the message
> that you've got a *static* library hasn't "got through".
>
> It may, in fact, be simpler to build a shared library. What 'undefined
> reference' did you strike when you tried that ?
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
>

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple