Subject: RE: Cygwin OpenSSH and Windows 7 RC
From: "David Christensen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Matthias Meyer'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 11:40:01 -0700
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Matthias Meyer wrote:
> If I rebase within Windows7 I can not use this programs and librarys
> within other versions of Windows, right?

Are you trying to share one Cygwin installation between multiple
operation system installations (e.g. over a network, dual boot, flash
drive, etc.)?  I tried that years ago, and it was very confusing/
frustrating.  I do one Cygwin installation (located at C:\cygwin) per
O/S installation and recommend that you do the same.

It is my assumption that the 'rebase' utility affects the installed
Cygwin files, not the downloaded setup files.  (The downloaded setup
files need to match what is on the Cygwin mirrors, or the Cygwin Setup
checksum should fail.)

HTH,

David

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple