Subject: RE: Grief: installing OpenSSH on Cygwin / WindowsServer2003
From: "David Christensen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'Chap Harrison'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 07:48:43 -0700
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Chap Harrison wrote:
> It finally turned out to be that /etc/hosts.deny was too restrictive:
> ALL:ALL EXCEPT localhost:DENY

Oops.  ;-)

> I ran ssh-host-config, but did not run ssh-user-config.  Must have  
> overlooked that step.  Perhaps that would have taken care of it?

I doubt it.  I believe ssh-host-conf only creates ~/.ssh, creates keys,
creates ~/.ssh/authorized_keys, and/or sets permissions, depending upon
your answers.

David

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple