Subject: Re: [Fwd: [1.7] wcwidth failing configure tests]
From: IWAMURO Motonori <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 21:53:46 +0900
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

2009/6/6 Andy Koppe <[email-masked]>:
> However, to make the locale setting more convenient for CJK users,
> there could be modifiers for both widths. Without modifier, the CJK
> locales would default to "Ambiguous Wide", while everything else would
> default to "Ambiguous Narrow".

It is acceptable for me.

> Puzzled that this hasn't been solved in glibc years ago ...

I also examined it.
But, I was not able to discover the reason.

One Debian user is trying to fix it, but it doesn't progress...

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=471021
http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4335
-- 
IWAMURO Motnori <http://vmi.jp/>

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/