Subject: Re: Bug to setup Cygwin on Windows Server 2008 64bits
From: Georg Nikodym <[email-masked]>
To: Kyeto <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 11:08:13 -0400
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On 7-May-09, at 10:56 AM, Kyeto wrote:

> I have disabled DEP and now Cygwin run.
> But i have just the pompt with :
>     bash-3.2$ : _
>
> None commands are available
> When i do a "ls" => command not found.
> It's the same for a lot (touch, chmod ...)
>
> But, pwd, cd work

Normally, people start cygwin using cygwin.bat (or an icon on their  
desktop that does the same).  This sets up some useful stuff.

 From the picture in your previous post, you just started a shell  
(bash.exe) inside a command window.  In other words, there no  
guarantee that any useful environment was set up.

The commands that see working are builtin shell commands.  Things like  
ls are not (they are separate executables) and will need a proper path  
to find.

-g

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/