Subject: Re: Update config.guess to treat cygwin 1.7 as new system name
From: Ben Elliston <[email-masked]>
To: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:47:10 +1000
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hi Eric

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 09:50:58PM -0700, Eric Blake wrote:

> The upcoming Cygwin 1.7.0 release adds so many APIs and improves so
> much functionality that it probably deserves a separate designation
> in config.guess.  For reference, notice the size of the most recent
> beta announcement:
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2009-02/msg00018.html

For consistency with other system triplets that append their version
number, could we emit the version number unconditionally for all
Cygwin systems? (eg. i686-pc-cygwin1.5)?

Cheers, Ben

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/