Subject: Re: [PATCH] rakudo Re: Parrot packaging problems
From: Michael Schroeder <[email-masked]>
To: "Patrick R. Michaud" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Reini Urban <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:20:05 +0200
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:12:03AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> For some reason that doesn't sound quite right to me.  When converting
> rakudo to an executable, the pbc2exe we use should already know 
> if it's being run using an installed parrot or some other parrot 
> (because pbc2exe is itself a parrot application).  So we shouldn't
> have to pass an explicit flag to it -- we should simply get the
> correct perl6 executable based on whatever pbc2exe was run.

Yes, I think the installed pbc2exe should always use the
"installed" config. If you're wondering what the difference between
the two configs is, it's just the "prefix" variable. "prefix" is
set to "/usr" in the installed config, and to the content of
build_dir for the uninstalled one.

Cheers,
  Michael.

-- 
Michael Schroeder                                   [email-masked]
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF Markus Rex, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg
main(_){while(_=~getchar())putchar(~_-1/(~(_|32)/13*2-11)*13);}

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/