Subject: Re: duplicate *.exe commands
From: "Mark J. Reed" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Thorsten Kampe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 17:04:56 -0400
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 3:23 AM, Atom Smasher wrote:
> ah, bash... i remember when that was the best shell...

No-one's claiming anything about "best", but since bash is the
*default* shell on Cygwin, it would have been helpful to mention in
the first place that you're using something else.

> ## cygwin only: commands that auto-complete with and without .exe suffix are annoying.
> [[ ${OSTYPE} == cygwin ]] && { hash -f ; unhash -m '*.exe' }

You probably want to unhash -m '*.dll', too.

-- 
Mark J. Reed <[email-masked]>

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/