Subject: Re: Strange problem with running dmake via ssh
From: Alfred von Campe <[email-masked]>
To: Dave Korn <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 14:46:22 -0400
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Apr 2, 2009, at 13:30, Dave Korn wrote:

>   Is this possibly caused by having $SHELL set in the environment  
> in one case
> but not the other?

We have a winner!  The SHELL environment variable was set in both  
cases to /bin/bash.  Well, doing a "echo $SHELL" returned "/bin/bash"  
in both cases.  However, doing a "env | grep SHELL=" only returned  
"SHELL=/bin/bash" in the ssh window.  If I unset the SHELL  
environment variable in the ssh window, I can get dmake to work!  I  
don't quite understand the subtle difference of how these environment  
variables are set, but I am happy that I can now run our builds over  
ssh.

So thanks for the SHELL environment variable hint which helped me  
find a solution, Dave.  I owe you a <insert your favorite beverage  
here>.

Alfred

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/