Subject: octave-3.0.3-1: mkoctfile error : mkoctfile seems to be unable to find liboctave
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Marco Atzeri <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:29:42 +0900 (JST)
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hello

$ octave
GNU Octave, version 3.0.3
Copyright (C) 2008 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.
 :
 :

octave:1> cd 'D:\usr\Tatsu\program\Octave\test'
octave:2> pwd
ans = /cygdrive/d/usr/Tatsu/program/Octave/test
octave:3> ls -l oregonator.cc
-rwx------+ 1 Tatsu なし 577 Nov 28  2002 oregonator.cc
octave:4> mkoctfile -v oregonator.cc
g++-4 -c -I/usr/include/octave-3.0.3 -I/usr/include/octave-3.0.3/octave -mieee-fp -O2 -pipe
oregonator.cc -o oregonator.o
g++-4 -shared -Wl,--export-all-symbols -Wl,--enable-auto-import -Wl,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -o
oregonator.oct oregonator.o -L/usr/lib/octave-3.0.3 -loctinterp -loctave -lcruft -llapack -lblas
-lfftw3 -lreadline -lncurses -ldl -lwsock32 -lhdf5 -lz -lm -lwsock32
-L/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.2 -L/bin/../lib/gcc -L/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.2
-L/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.2/../../.. -lhdf5 -lz -lm -lgfortranbegin -lgfortran -lcygwin
-luser32 -lkernel32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.2/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot find -loctave
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I found '-loctave' in the below,
g++-4 -shared -Wl,--export-all-symbols -Wl,--enable-auto-import -Wl,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -o
oregonator.oct oregonator.o -L/usr/lib/octave-3.0.3 -loctinterp -loctave -lcruft -llapack -lblas
-lfftw3 -lreadline -lncurses -ldl -lwsock32 -lhdf5 -lz -lm -lwsock32
-L/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.2 -L/bin/../lib/gcc -L/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.2
-L/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.2/../../.. -lhdf5 -lz -lm -lgfortranbegin -lgfortran -lcygwin
-luser32 -lkernel32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32

However
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.2/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot find -loctave
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

 octave:5> ls /usr/lib/octave-3.0.3
libcruft.dll.a        libctave.dll.a         liboctinterp.dll.a
libcruft.dll.a        libctave.dll.a         liboctinterp.dll.a
libcruft.dll.a.3.0.3  liboctave.dll.a.3.0.3  liboctinterp.dll.a.3.0

Mmmmmm! -loctinterp did not cause error.

I cannot resolve the problem.

Regards

Tatsuro

/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.2/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot find -loctave
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

--------------------------------------
Power up the Internet with Yahoo! Toolbar.
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/