Subject: Re: Hosting the Debian/kCygwin port?
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:57:21 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 02:24:15PM +0100, Sjors Gielen wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen schreef:
>> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:49:29AM +0100, Sjors Gielen wrote:
>>>I'm working on a project porting the Debian tools to Cygwin.
>>>Currently, my plan is to: - Provide some required patches to the Cygwin
>>>team, for example to allow a file in use to be removed or modified,
>>>since this is required for dpkg - Re-compile all packages and patches
>>>currently available for Cygwin into a Debian .deb - Provide either a
>>>way to bootstrap Debian onto an existing Cygwin installation, or
>>>provide installers for a pure Debian/kCygwin installation.
>>Which libc do you intend to use?  Cygwin uses newc, IIRC, but I can't
>>find it packaged in Debian so far.
>
>As far as I understand it now, newlib is packed along with Cygwin
>itself in cygwin1.dll.  I'm thinking of a package libcygwin1, which
>will contain this (and maybe other) dlls.  This package will just be
>created in the process of getting Debian to work on Cygwin :)

I think that no one answered your original question.  We are not interested
in hosting your project at sourceware.org and discussion of it in this
mailing list is not really on-topic for the Cywgin list.  The Cygwin
mailing list is for discussion about the cygwin release that is hosted
at the cygwin web site.

Feel free to send a follow-up message with a pointer to the mailing list
where you will be continuing any discussion about this topic.  I would
appreciate it if further discussion was directed there.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/