Subject: Re: Fwd: fetchmail and cygwin
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: gary marbach <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 08:16:22 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Gary,

Please see the following:

   http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PPIOSPE

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:52:04PM -0800, gary marbach wrote:
> Thanks Jason!  I just figured this same thing out about 90 min ago.
> Now I'm all about trying to create a "script" to go and get one
> message from my mailbox, turn that into either a file to upload to a
> website (where a script is continuously polling for it)   OR   turn
> that into an HTTP (or https) request and cause the script on a site to
> be invoked in that manner...   Does this stuff sound possible?

Yes.  If you set "mda" in your .fetchmailrc to point to your script (or
procmail), then you can fetch all of your mail messages -- not just one
at a time.

> Thanks again!

You are quite welcome.

Jason

-- 
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D  8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/