Subject: Re: Hosting the Debian/kCygwin port?
From: Samuel Thibault <[email-masked]>
To: Sjors Gielen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:07:26 +0100
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

BTW, AIUI from a cygwin point of view, in principle there shouldn't
be any need to patch debian sources: if cygwin behaves differently
from linux, then it's a bug in cygwin.  One exception is of course the
configure target which contains cygwin instead of linux.  Appart from
that, every fix should ideally be in cygwin.  Now you're of course free
to patch things in the debian package so as to make quick progress, but
on the long term there shouldn't be any patch except in configure
scripts.

Samuel

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/