Subject: Ghostscript 8.63-2 fonts problem after upgrade
From: David Burgess <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:24:53 +0000 (GMT)
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hi,
An upgrade of a rather old cygwin installation has resulted
in ghostscript (gs) failing when standard fonts are required
(as some of the standard example files).

However, some postscript files (eg created with LaTeX) are
processed correctly.

clearly a fonts issue, but not clear why the upgrade has
resulted in the standard fonts being the problem, particularly
as search path looks right.

Any pointers - apart from reinstall cygwin? thanks

David Burgess

Example:

bash-3.2$ gs /usr/share/ghostscript/8.63/examples/colorcir.ps 

GPL Ghostscript 8.63 (2008-08-01)
Copyright (C) 2008 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
Loading NimbusRomNo9L-Regu font from 
/usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/n021003l.pfb... Error: /undefined in /findfont
Operand stack:
   Times-Roman

etc.

----

bash-3.2$ cygcheck -c | grep gho
ghostscript                     8.63-2             OK
ghostscript-fonts-other         6.0-1              OK
ghostscript-fonts-std           8.11-1             OK

$ gs -h
GPL Ghostscript 8.63 (2008-08-01)

Search path:
   . : /usr/share/ghostscript/8.63/lib :
   /usr/share/ghostscript/8.63/Resource : /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts :
   /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts : /usr/share/fonts/TTF :
   /usr/share/fonts/Type1

-------------------------------------------------------------------
 David Burgess
 Astronomy Unit, Queen Mary, University of London, LONDON E1 4NS, UK
 Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 5460      Fax: +44 (0)20 8983 3522
 [email-masked]          http://www.space-plasma.qmul.ac.uk/
-------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/