Subject: Re: python 2.6
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: George Ciobanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:12:58 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 03:17:01AM +0200, George Ciobanu wrote:
> First of all, sorry for breaking the thread, but I'm not a subscriber
> to this list. Please cc me on the next email.
> 
> Just wanted to let you know that I don't see the issue you are
> describing in my environment when running "make test". I've attached
> the cygcheck info.
> [snip]

I know of another user who does not have this problem too.  I noticed
that both of these users do not have openssl-devel installed.  As an
experiment, I removed the openssl-devel package and built a completely
new Python 2.6.1.  I was able to run test_asynchat in a loop 300 times
without any core dumps [1].  Additionally, I was also able to run the
regression test without any of the threading related tests core dumping.

As another experiment, I ran Cygwin Ports Python 2.6.1 and it core dumps
in exactly the same way as the one I built when I had the openssl-devel
package installed.

Yaakov, did you have openssl-devel installed when you built Python
2.6.1?  If so, are you able to run the regression test [2] without
threading related problems?

George, are you willing to install openssl-devel, build a completely new
Python, run the regression test [2], and report back your findings to the
list?

Thanks,
Jason

[1] Although test_asynchat failed occasionally (about 5% of the time)
    with a "sem_init: Resource temporarily unavailable" error.

[2] Run at least test_asynchat with something like the following:
    ./python.exe -E -tt Lib/test/regrtest.py -l test_asynchat

-- 
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D  8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/