Subject: [cairo] Compile error on Cygwin with current GIT tree
From: Andreas Eibach <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 05:36:15 +0100
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

[cc on cygwin list for recognition]

Greetings,

I've just got a cairo compiling error on my Cygwin setup.

- Windows 2000 SP4
- latest Cygwin
- sufficiently recent GTK+ (<- supposed to get updated, but no latest
GTK+ without cairo)

It seems the problem is that it does not know about the fwprintf()
function in Win32 environment [cairo-win32-surface.c]. Frankly, I
haven't known about it either ...

Well, I would be able to kludge this myself "secretly" but I think it's
mandatory you also know about the issue so you can adapt the code
accordingly (probably with less hackery than me).

Regards

Andreas

P. S. log file output below.

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/Administrator/build/cairo/cairo/src'
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..  -I. -I/usr/include/pixman-1       -I/usr/i
nclude/freetype2     -I/usr/include/libpng12           -Wall -Wextra -Ws
ign-compare -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wpointer-arith -Wwrit
e-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declaration
s -Wnested-externs -Wpacked -Wswitch-enum -Wmissing-format-attribute -Ws
trict-aliasing=2 -Winit-self -Wunsafe-loop-optimizations -Wdeclaration-a
fter-statement -Wold-style-definition -Wno-missing-field-initializers -W
no-unused-parameter -Wno-attributes -Wno-long-long -Winline -fno-strict-
aliasing -fno-common -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2                -g -O2 -MT
cairo-win32-surface.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/cairo-win32-surface.Tpo -c -o
cairo-win32-surface.lo cairo-win32-surface.c
libtool: compile:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I. -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/
freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -Wall -Wextra -Wsign-compare -Werror-i
mplicit-function-declaration -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-pr
ototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -W
packed -Wswitch-enum -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Win
it-self -Wunsafe-loop-optimizations -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wold-
style-definition -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-unused-parameter -
Wno-attributes -Wno-long-long -Winline -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common 
-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -O2 -MT cairo-win32-surface.lo -MD -MP -MF
.deps/cairo-win32-surface.Tpo -c
cairo-win32-surface.c  -DDLL_EXPORT -DPIC -o .libs/cairo-win32-surface.o
cairo-win32-surface.c: In function '_cairo_win32_print_gdi_error':
cairo-win32-surface.c:96: warning: passing argument 5 of
'FormatMessageW' from incompatible pointer type

cairo-win32-surface.c:99: error: implicit declaration of function
'fwprintf'

cairo-win32-surface.c:99: warning: nested extern declaration of
'fwprintf'

cairo-win32-surface.c: In function '_cairo_win32_surface_composite':
cairo-win32-surface.c:1044: warning: comparison between signed and
unsigned
cairo-win32-surface.c:1044: warning: comparison between signed and
unsigned
cairo-win32-surface.c:1045: warning: comparison of unsigned expression <
0 is always false
cairo-win32-surface.c:1045: warning: comparison of unsigned expression <
0 is always false
cairo-win32-surface.c:1483: warning: comparison between signed and
unsigned
cairo-win32-surface.c:1484: warning: comparison between signed and
unsigned
cairo-win32-surface.c: In function '_cairo_win32_debug_dump_hrgn':
cairo-win32-surface.c:2130: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but
argument 3 has type 'DWORD'
<same up to argument 7>
cairo-win32-surface.c:2132: warning: comparison between signed and
unsigned
cairo-win32-surface.c:2134: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but
argument 4 has type 'LONG'
<snip>
cairo-win32-surface.c:2134: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but
argument 7 has type 'LONG'
make[3]: *** [cairo-win32-surface.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/Administrator/build/cairo/cairo/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/Administrator/build/cairo/cairo/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Administrator/build/cairo/cairo'
make: *** [all] Error 2

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/