Subject: cygwin bash crashes on 64bit Windows Server 2008
From: [email-masked] (Freddy Jensen)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 08:12:35 -0700
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Has anyone tried cygwin on a 64-bit Windows Server 2008 system?

After I install it, bash crashes on startup like this:

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=0043AE30
eax=00000000 ebx=00000000 ecx=61106EC8 edx=00000000 esi=611021A0 edi=0045A060
ebp=0027CCB8 esp=0027C67C program=C:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe, pid 2244, thread main
cs=0023 ds=002B es=002B fs=0053 gs=002B ss=002B
Stack trace:
Frame     Function  Args
0027CCB8  0043AE30  (00000002, 6116C8C0, 013C0090, 00000000)
0027CD68  610060D8  (00000000, 0027CDA0, 61005450, 0027CDA0)
61005450  61004416  (0000009C, A02404C7, E8611021, FFFFFF48)
      3 [main] sh 2244 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)

Has anyone found a work-around?

Thanks

Freddy

--
Freddy Jensen, Sr. Computer Scientist, Adobe Systems Incorporated
345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704, USA, Ph: (408) 536-2869
Email: [email-masked], URL: http://www.adobe.com
--

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/