Subject: Re: Ruby and OpenSSL: no such file to load -- openssl (RuntimeError)
From: "Michael Guterl" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 10:25:39 -0400
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Redd Vinylene <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Redd Vinylene <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I'm getting this error on Cygwin when trying to run this tiny little Rails app:
>>
>> ./script/../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb:253:in
>> `require_frameworks': no such file to load -- openssl (RuntimeError)
>>
>> I have both the openssl and openssl-devel packages installed. There's
>> even an openssl.so in /lib/ruby/1.8/i386-cygwin. I don't know about
>> libopenssl-ruby though, it only seems to exist for Debian and Ubuntu.
>>
>> Anybody got a clue? Have a nice weekend y'all.
>
> I just tried compiling/installing openssl-0.9.8i-1 manually, but that
> didn't work either.
>
I'm no expert in this arena, but you may need to recompile ruby after
installing openssl.

HTH,
Michael Guterl

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/