Subject: Cannot build ftgl-2.1.3~rc5
From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 16:49:56 +0900 (JST)
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

Hello

I could not  build ftgl-2.1.3~rc5.

******************
 g++-4 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -IFTGlyph -IFTFont -IFTLayout -I../src -Wall -Wpointer-arith
-Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -Wshadow -Wsign-compare -I/usr/include/freetype2 -g -O2 -MT
libftgl_la-FTVectoriser.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libftgl_la-FTVectoriser.Tpo -c FTVectoriser.cpp 
-DDLL_EXPORT -DPIC -o .libs/libftgl_la-FTVectoriser.o
FTVectoriser.cpp: In member function 'void FTVectoriser::MakeMesh(FTGL_DOUBLE, int, float)':
FTVectoriser.cpp:275: error: invalid conversion from 'GLvoid (*)()' to 'void (*)()'
FTVectoriser.cpp:275: error:   initializing argument 3 of 'void gluTessCallback(GLUtesselator*,
GLenum, void (*)())'
FTVectoriser.cpp:276: error: invalid conversion from 'GLvoid (*)()' to 'void (*)()'
FTVectoriser.cpp:276: error:   initializing argument 3 of 'void gluTessCallback(GLUtesselator*,
GLenum, void (*)())'
FTVectoriser.cpp:277: error: invalid conversion from 'GLvoid (*)()' to 'void (*)()'
FTVectoriser.cpp:277: error:   initializing argument 3 of 'void gluTessCallback(GLUtesselator*,
GLenum, void (*)())'
FTVectoriser.cpp:278: error: invalid conversion from 'GLvoid (*)()' to 'void (*)()'
FTVectoriser.cpp:278: error:   initializing argument 3 of 'void gluTessCallback(GLUtesselator*,
GLenum, void (*)())'
FTVectoriser.cpp:279: error: invalid conversion from 'GLvoid (*)()' to 'void (*)()'
FTVectoriser.cpp:279: error:   initializing argument 3 of 'void gluTessCallback(GLUtesselator*,
GLenum, void (*)())'
FTVectoriser.cpp:319: warning: cast from type 'const FTGL_DOUBLE*' to type 'GLdouble*' casts away
constness
**********

on gcc-3.4.4-3 the same error occurred.

However on mingw, I could build it after some modification about opengl on windows.
FTVectoriser.cpp was comliped without errors on mingw.

So it seems that it is a gcc on cygwin specfic issue.

How can I overcome this issue?

Note:bz2 commpressed FTVectoriser.cpp (FTVectoriser.cpp.bz2) is attached.

Regards

Tatsuro

--------------------------------------
Enjoy MLB with MAJOR.JP! Ichiro, Matsuzaka, Matsui, and more!
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/mlb/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/