Subject: Re: undefined reference to '_cfmakeraw'
From: Andrew Bouchard <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:12:12 -0500
List-Id: <cygwin.cygwin.com>

(1) Just to be sure, I went back and installed al of the cygwin  
packages available through the setup.exe file. It's still installing,  
and it looks like it will be for some time, but I already went through  
the list that I was able to find and made sure I had them all.

(2) I did run a './configure' before doing a make in the folder. I  
didn't see any errors, but I can't pretend that I know everything that  
it's doing during the configuration.

(3) Will send out all the output from the make when cygwin is done  
updating and I can try again.

(4) Sorry, you lost me on this one. I've heard of the grep command but  
never really used it, and there is a file that is just called  
configure (no extension) - is that what you are looking for?

(5) The Moast mailing list was the first place that I looked, but it  
seems that it hasn't been used since May 2007. I will try anyway, but  
I was thinking this was something with cygwin, which would make this  
the list most knowledgeable on how to fix it.

As for the question of programming skills, it's certainly a valid one.  
I can program competently in a few languages, but only within realms  
where I have needed to do so before. Basically, I know the things that  
I've needed to know and not the things I haven't. I've used SVN before  
so I understand what a diff file is and how it is used. However, it  
was all automated for me before, so I don't know how to apply one.  
Fortunately, programming logic, simple AIs, and behaviors all do fall  
under the realms of programming I am familiar with, so though I often  
ask for more install support than others, once I can get rolling I'm  
fine. I would also like to point out that things which may seem  
obvious and self-explanatory to an EE PhD student may not seem so  
clear to a humble Master's student with a stronger background in ME  
trying to grasp the system-level understanding of the interaction  
between mechanical, electrical, and software systems.

Thanks for the help, and I will provide more information as soon as I  
have it.

Andrew Bouchard

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/